Sunday, February 1, 2009

17 Days to Go: Taking Inventory

This morning I pulled out my stuff & went though things I can take with me to make waiting in line a bit more pleasant. The pop-up tent is designed for children, but considering I am the size of your average 12 year old I think I'll be fine. I got inside & did a little "sleep test" with no problem. I sleep in the fetal position anyway!This is what it looks like . . . don't laugh . . . I do fit inside!
AAAAAAnd it folds up into a 15 inch wide disk . . . so it won't get in the way of any of my purchases on the ride home!

I totally forgot I also have 2 brand new folding beach chairs . . . so I have a place to park my butt on the concrete . . . SCORE!

I have 2 packs of hand-warmers in case it gets cold (Charlotte is chillier than Myrtle). I also have snow pants, a Columbia 3-in-1 jacket and many blankets & pillows I can bring as well. It's going to be in the middle of February, granted I was expecting a March/April camp out but I can tolerate 1 night in the cold knowing I get there earlier than expected. Pray for an unusually warm week in Charlotte . . . it can happen.

In case they do allow us to plug into the building I do have my outdoor extension cord ready, it will help keep my laptop, cellphone & asthma nebulizer powered. The nebulizer also has a car adapter & battery pack so I'm not worried.

I don't have an inflatable mattress (BUMMER) nor do I have a sleeping bag (BIG BUMMER) . . . but I'm still going to try to borrow one or butter up D to get me one. I'd much rather borrow, I don't want anything biting into my shopping budget!

Speaking of shopping budget . . . I'm already working on my shopping list. Granted, I still don't know what my final budget will be, but I am coming up with several scenarios. It feels SO good to know it's only about 2 weeks . . . I guess that's why I'm been in a good mood. My mood will probably take a nose dive when the hubby slashes my budget. I smell a battle brewing!

No comments: