Tuesday, February 3, 2009

15 Days to Go . . . I Swear I had NOTHING to do with this!



Tractor Trailer Interrupts Ikea Entrance Ribbon Cutting

Monday, February 2, 2009

The next step in Charlotte's Ikea store history took place Monday morning.There was a ribbon-cutting ceremony for phase one of the Ikea entrance. The entrance will temporarily allow drivers to make a right in or out from University City Boulevard to North Tryon Street.An intersection will be built during phase two.The ribbon-cutting Monday did not go exactly as planned, however. A tractor trailer driver did not realize the road was not open and barreled through the ribbon. Fortunately, no one was in the road at the time so no one was injured. Video of the incident is attached to this story.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/18621311/detail.html#-


I do not know how to drive a rig!
I can't even drive stick shift!
I don't even know anyone with a tractor trailer on this side of the country!

I did not . . . REPEAT . . . I did not crash through the ribbon cutting ceremony Union City Boulevard this morning!

I wasn't even in Charlotte today . . . I have an alibi!!!

1 comment:

Rob Alan said...

It will be a lot better than driving to D.C. Whoa!Randolph County doesn't know how good they have it, yet.