Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Knock Me Over With a Feather!

IKEA will be a part of the fabric of Charlotte North Carolina in a matter of weeks . . . not months but weeks, and now pictures are being released showing an influx of merchandise being brought into the store and the assembly of showroom goods by the ever busy-bee IKEAn workers. Forget Christmas . . . THIS is the most wonderful time of the year!

Click here to see the slide show courtesy of the Charlotte Observer

God, I'm so jealous . . . do you realize people actually get PAID to put together IKEA furniture AND coordinate IKEA rooms? That is my DREAM JOB people! If they put a store in Myrtle Beach not only would I be the 1st person in line but I'd tell them to just go ahead & put 1/2 of my pay in an account to cover my purchases. They theoretically wouldn't even have to pay me just let me totally deck out my house in IKEA then I could be a living billboard for them . . .
JOE ROTH, ARE YOU READING THIS???
WE COULD SERIOUSLY WORK OUT A DEAL HERE!!!

Oh . . . and I have another "hack" challenge on my hands . . . whilst I was visiting in Maryland over the holidays I sweet-talked the hubby (thank heavens we had the truck with us) into going to the College Park store with me. The As-Is Department had queen sized Noresund bed frames for 40 flippin' dollars! There was a catch . . . no side rails . . . so the hubby is going to see about mounting the headboard & footboard on a pre-existing bedframe. The bed looks totally gourgeous in the room when I lay the head & footboards against it. Please pray that we can get it to work . . . it was a 40 dollar gamble I'm willing to take.

2 comments:

Shasta said...

Did you manage to get anything worked out with the noresund bed? I'm in the exact same situation, I can't find any bed sides for it. Right now we've just got the bed pushed up against the headboard. I'd like to have the footboard attached as well, but our bed frame doesn't even go that far.

Bryna said...

I'd love to know if you got anything worked out, too! I bought the same headboard and footboard, and mine have been just leaning against the wall for months now... :-D