Thursday, August 14, 2008

Need a Job?

I'm jealous of anyone who actually lives close enough to get a new job at the Charlotte Store.

If I could I'd apply for a nice 9-5 co-worker position . . . but alas my studio schedule, the kids & their schedule . . . not to mention the 3 hour 1-way commute would kill me.

Anyways . . . it looks like they're getting everything logistically underway and actively looking to fill some of the 400 positions that will be needed at the Charlotte IKEA.

http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/img/ikea_near_you/charlotte.pdf

if you read the schedule in the link above it looks like they're getting ready to hand over all of the HR stuff to new staff & will be setting up the actual HR Department in just a few weeks!
Floor Positions will start work in December . . . DECEMBER!!!
The final phase of initial hiring will be January (Food Services) . . . next thing you know I will be packing my camping gear & be parked in their lot waiting to open.

I swear this is the 1st time ever I wanted the summer to just hurry up & end . . . just so I can look forward to next Spring!

I have 1 more weekend in MD . . . then I'll be back in December . . . THEN & I'm hoping & praying that the store would be open in time for my kids' spring break . . . either way I'm going to IKEA whether it be MD or NC at that time . . . regardless I WILL be there on opening day, you can count on that . . . I'll sell a kidney if I have to!

No comments: