Saturday, January 5, 2008

What "Ikea Santa" Got Me for Christmas

. . . or "What I Bought Myself With My Christmas Money This Year"

Ikea - College Park, MD
Lack large coffee table in black/brown
Lack side table in black/brown
2 Signe rugs in red/beige/navy (for the kitchen)
a pair of Kavaklad frying pans
3 4-packs of Dragby glasses (which incedentally look JUST like glasses that we bought right after we got married 12 years ago, the surviving glasses match perfectly)
a Babord shoe rack for the foyer (perfect match with my now discontinued Babord hat rack)
a pack of 100 Glimma tealights
an extra "blue bag"
the Full/Queen Gosa Stjarna quilt for the master bedroom

Ikea - Batimore, MD (my 1st trip to that store & MAN is it smaller than I'm used to in CP or Woodbridge)
Ceder Quilt cover in white
2 Gosa Vila (the euro size) pillows
1 Slumra flat sheet
2 Slumra fitted sheets (I'm using 1 to cover my boxspring because they were out of the Queen sized Oxel bedbase covers in white)



I'm kicking myself now because I didn't get covers for the euro pillows. I didn't realize how far into the dark ages my local stores are in terms of not carrying shams & cases for 26"x 26" pillows. I also put back the Bomull curtains I had in the cart (due to budget restrictions) Well, I'll be back north in March, if not sooner depending on my Aunt's health. Unfortunately the Winter Sale doesn't run through March so it looks like I'm paying full price (which is still better than "on sale" anywhere else).

How bad is it that as soon as I make an Ikea trip the next thing I do is make a list for the next one?

No comments: