Sunday, January 6, 2008

He Must Read My Blog . . .

My husband loves me, truly deeply loves me . . . Either that or he's just finally figured out after 12 years of marriage that when I don't get my way there is hell to pay.

He's giving any and all tax refund money to my Ikea fund!

I only hope we actually see a refund this year. Last year we didn't because we still owe some money to the Federal government for a big screw up a while back. We are in the process of still paying them back but I'm not sure if they let us get our refund if we are in good repayment status or not . . . I guess I should look that up before I get my hopes up too high.

Well in the meantime I still have a wish list & here it is

Master Bedroom
2 Vila square pillow covers (in white)
Tanja Brodyr quilt cover set in purple
2 Kilan bedspreads (large) 1 in dark red 1 in purple
2 Malm 6 drawer dressers in black/brown (1 in each style) for our master bedroom
a Michael desk in black/brown

My Daughters' Rooms
a Malm queen bedframe in birch for my older daughter
Quilts for each girl
Hanna Parla Quilt cover in red/white (Queen) for older child

Den
2 Billy bookcases in black/brown (large)
1 Benno CD tower in black/brown
3 Michael computer carts (pink for older child, blue/green for younger)
2 Snille work chairs (same colors as the Michael carts)

Dear God I'm not even in the kitchen or bathrooms & I think I filled my van already!
My head hurts now.

Well, I did some more cyber-hunting on anymore dirt regarding the Charlotte store & so far nothing new. I did however come to the conclussion that the official groundbreaking should be very soon . . . between May-June. I looked up ohikea.com, a site that is following the progress of the West Chester Ikea opening in a few months & I'm making an educated guess based on their timetable (it's similar to the one planned for Charlotte seperated only by 1 year). The West Chester, OH groundbreaking was May of last year with a Spring 08' opening date. Based on what I've read in forums the land in Charlotte is already cleared of trees. (I REALLY WISH THERE WAS A PIC ONLINE! NONE OF THE SATELITE MAPS ARE CURRENT). So it should be only a matter of time that there will be an announcement about the traditional groundbreaking ceremony. I might have to make a jaunt there when that time comes . . . at the very least be able to find my way around the area in advance.

It's an illness . . . it really is . . . Britney Spears has nothing on me.
(but I do take care of my kids)

2 comments:

Jen Segrest (verybigjen) said...

Well I can give you this, the ground was already being graded and dozed when our IKEA groundbreaking ceremony was.

I would contact a local reporter and introduce yourself as a blogger covering your store and try to forge a friendship, they sometimes like like share...

Build a Google alert for IKEA and the city in question "ikea charlotte" or IKEA carolina (i just have one for "IKEA"), when the release goes out announcing the groundbreaking day you'll have it all but hand delivered within hours.

JesPlayin said...

oh you are sooo lucky! I would positively lose my mind if I had all our refund to spend at ikea.